Bharatpur Government Museum
Located in the famous Lohagarh Fort in the former durbar hall (meeting hall), the Bharatpur Government Museum houses a rich collection of archaeological wealth of the nearby areas as well as from the old Bharatpur State.
The huge palatial building Kachahari kalan, once the administrative block of the rulers of Bharatpur state, was converted into a Museum in 1944 AD. Later on, the Kamra Khas (personal chamber) building on the first floor was added to the museum.
Various sculptures found during the excavation of old villages e.g. Noh, Mallah, Bareh, Bayana etc. ranging from the Kushan period (Ist century A.D.) to 19th century A.D are exhibited here as also the paintings, manuscripts, zoological specimens, local art and craft and weapons of the Jat rulers of Bharatpur.
The Art Gallery of the museum has rare specimens of miniature paintings on leaves of the Peepal tree, mica and old litho papers along with the paintings of the Maharajas of Bharatpur. However, the most interesting thing to see here is the hamam(bathhouse), which retains some fine carvings and frescoes.